Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No more wet socks!

Annnnnd... we're clear! Alright, my February break is over and now I need to get back to business.

******

How I Spent My February Break by Matt Beers

During February I took a break. I did lots of cool things. I watched a lot of Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. I played Angry Birds on my iPod.

That's pretty much it.

The end.

******

I've been really feeling the season. The end of winter is always so depressing. Everything is gray and slushy. You can't go outside for anything without getting the bottom of your pant legs wet and then you come inside, take off your shoes and your pants get your socks wet. That pretty much sums up how I feel about February. Wet socks.

But it's over now. February is out of our lives for another year and here we are in March, which is pretty much just as bad as February, but I'm looking outside right now and the sun is shining and all the snow has melted and it's hard not to feel upbeat about it all.

******

I've noticed something interesting. I've got Facebook friends living in Alaska. They LOVE the snow. They frickin' better, they're pretty much buried under it for 11.9 months out of the year. I also have Facebook friends living in Florida. One of them was complaining today about the birds. Not really sure why. So what I noticed is this: If you give somebody crap, they have no option but to get excited when you give them extra. When you give somebody sunshine and fluffy, puffy cupcake trees and you pave the streets with Nutella (a new love of mine) they get all crabby because there were birds in the parking lot. There's a lesson to be scraped off of that. Feel free to do so.

******

My son turns seven at the end of the month. We're having a Nerf party for him (my wife's idea, not mine). I'm not as super-excited as one might expect me to be. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because my son is getting past the stage where he wants me around when he has friends over. Most likely I'm just worried about all of his weird little friends handling my Nerf guns.

******

Anyway, welcome back.

      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment