Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

I'd let him turn this in as an assignment, if he paid me.

I was playing around with a type-writer I got at a garage sale and this came out. How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Jackson Beers The first thing you need to realize is that I'm not a bad guy, I just get carried away by my ideas, which sometimes aren't very good. For example, one time I wanted to see if a kite was strong enough to lift a dog. The problem is that we don't have a dog, so I tested my plan on my little sister. It took twenty-three kites, eleven weather balloons, and a helicopter I made from a leaf-blower and a ceiling fan. Of course, no one congratulated me on my sound scientific hypothesis, but that, as annoying as it was, is not the point of this essay. The point is this: it worked... eventually. My math was off at first, but I'm eight, so I blame school. I, Jackson James Beers, successfully sent my four-year old sister into the lower atmosphere, which, I would like to point out, did not kill her. Yes, she talks slower now and, yes, she blinks each eye separately, but she's alive. Don't know what the big deal is.  So, how did I spend my summer vacation? Tracking weather patterns and estimating where my sister would land, which is quite a bit more interesting than it sounds. You get to talk to a lot of scientists and other professionals and you get to see the inside of a holding cell and then, if your guess is correct, you get to drive to Canada to pick up your sister and you might even get to be on TV. Fun, fun.  Thank you, Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment