Total Pageviews

Friday, April 2, 2010

Arizona: All beach, all the time. But no ocean.

For the past two weeks Betsy has been making lists and stocking up on things and researching tourist attractions and generally stressing herself and the rest of the family out. This is how some people prepare for a vacation. Other people stuff some clothes, hopefully clean, but it isn't necessary, into a backpack the night before the trip and then buy whatever they forgot when they get to wherever they're going. I'm not going to voice my opinion about which technique is better, but it's the second one.

Shortly after Jack was born (six years ago), Betsy's dad moved to Arizona. We aren't sure why.

Each year he has used his vacation time to fly out for a visit. This year, we're going to see him. And we're taking our kids. All three of them. And their car-seats. And all of their toys. And two of our children are still in diapers. One of them doesn't walk or talk or keep her poop in her diaper very well. We're taking the portable DVD player, though, so that should eliminate any and all obstacles we may face which would prevent us from relaxing.

Apparently, there's a big hole somewhere in Arizona that people like to go look at. And we got tickets to the Diamondbacks' Opening Day game. And we're going to go to the zoo, which, if you talk to Macy, is pretty much the only reason a person would go to Arizona.

Anyway, this is my last post for a week or so. As of tomorrow morning, I am officially on vacation. I expect to be sufficiently and certifiably insane when I return.

Thank you,
Matt Beers

1 comment:

  1. The only reason I go to Arizona is because it's next to Nevada and poker. Well, my parents live there too. and my grandma. But mostly poker.

    ReplyDelete