Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2010

Junk Drawer

I had lunch with an old friend today, and "old friend" can be taken two ways. He is a friend I have known for many, many years, and he may or may not be a card-carrying member of the AARP.

I just said to my wife, "You know that look she gave me when I shot you in the eye?" It isn't a thing I get to say often and I wanted to document it.

I have started Project Save The Shelves. I have removed all of the books from one single shelf and have sorted them into two piles: "keep for now" and "keep forever." This is proceeding about as slowly as I expected.

My youngest daughter, Zoe, threw up on me today. She aimed at my face, but what wasn't soaked up by my beard cascaded down into my shirt where it saturated my glorious mane of chest hair. It then pooled in my lap where Zoe was marching in place, mashing my testicles into a useless pulp. I still haven't seen the humor in this personally, but that doesn't mean you won't.

When I mentioned at the beginning of spring that I wanted to have a garage sale, my wife said, "Another one? We have nothing to sell!" She has since demonstrated the truth of her statement by filling the garage with things we don't have. Stop on by!

Thank you,
Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment