Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm bustin' a recap, foo'!

A lot has been going on lately so I'm not even going to make an excuse for not posting. You should be used to it by now.

I'll start things off light, then I'll get very heavy very abruptly after which I'll switch to promising and hopeful. Try and keep up.


The gazebo is gone. We had some seriously high winds a few days ago and one of the aluminum beams just sort of snapped in the middle. I dismantled the pathetic thing and dragged it into the garage where I spent two days torturing it with a hammer, a hacksaw, and, occasionally, my hands and feet. It won't be missed.

Betsy lost an uncle recently. I won't say more because I wouldn't want anyone to think I was making light of the situation. I will mention, however, that Betsy will be flying to Oklahoma for four days while I stay home with our three kids. Forts will be built. Movies will be watched. Bedtimes will be ignored. (Note: I don't often give financial advice, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy stock in a bunch of junk food manufacturers. But make sure you sell before Monday evening.)

Betsy and I have been praying about this for a good bit and we both feel very strongly that we're being lead to adopt a child. We aren't sure yet where this child will come from, but we are very, VERY excited. We've decided to wait a couple of years. We would like Zoe to be able to understand what exactly is going on and in her current state (being an infant) she might not quite get it.

And, just so you know that I haven't been wasting my time lately, I offer this pearl:


This behemoth is the Nerf Stampede. It runs on 6 D batteries, but it has also been known to operate on pure balls. (It should be noted that my children are far more obedient than they were two weeks ago.)

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment