Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kodak? More like "No-dak."

I'm trying to have a good attitude about it but Betsy has planned a photo shoot for this afternoon, which has not always been my favorite thing in the world. Betsy, myself, and the kids are donning very intentionally planned outfits (not matching, but complimenting) and then we're driving far away from our warm and cozy home to stand in an shadowy alley while Betsy's cousin, Jamie, does her best to coax something like a Kodak moment out of my children. I just keep picturing Zoe chewing on a discarded cigarette or an old condom or whatever one might find in a shadowy alley. We don't have many alleys in Huntertown, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

I'm not too worried about the kids. Jamie does a great job with them. I, on the other hand, have typically been rather short on the patience in situations like that. I don't mind the kids running around and being crazy. I think that would make for a wonderful family photo. But Betsy has a specific idea of what the picture should look like and when it doesn't work out like that I start to get stressed out for her.

On the bright side, the Colts aren't playing today, so I won't be missing any action.

Oh, yeah. Have I mentioned that I love football? 'Cause I do.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

3 comments:

  1. When did you start liking any sports?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gradually become more and more interested in professional football, but this year I find that I'm all about the Colts, which is a shame because they were so much more exciting last year, when I only half-cared. With Addai getting injured every week and Garcon catching about a fourth of the passes that come his way it's pretty evident that we won't get the chance to lose another Super Bowl this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half the team is injured! Clark is out for the season, and Addai may not be back for a while. Collie just had surgery on his thumb. Even Hart's hurt. This is going to be one of those years. I'll be pleased if they just make it to the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete