Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

Textile design isn't just for textile designers anymore.

I have a new favorite thing in the world. I don't really know what it's called, but what you do is this:

Take a shirt, old or new, or any piece of fabric, and lay it over the opening of a cup. Secure it with a rubber band so you have something that resembles a tiny drum. Next, take some colored Sharpies and make a simple design. Then, using an eye-dropper, place a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the design. The rubbing alcohol causes the Sharpie ink to bleed outward in a widening circle. Now, you can experiment with shapes and colors and make all sorts of amazing designs.

I used a white t-shirt and my plan is to cut it down and sew it into a pillow. This is what I've got so far:









That's some awe, right there. You might even say that it's "awesome." Go ahead. Say it. Awe. Some.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment