Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

It isn't Saturday if you didn't "sat" on "ur"... "day?"

Today is Saturday, as I'm sure you all know, and what a Saturday it was. My totally awesome and beautiful and thoughtful wife, Betsy, let me sleep in today. Not only that, but my kids did a pretty good job of letting me sleep in. They don't usually have much sympathy for Saturday Morning Sleepy Daddy. After sleeping in I took a nice, long shower, during which I gave up on the whole "No Shave November," thing. My head, I have discovered, has embraced its life as a nudist.

After my shower I strolled casually downstairs where I did pretty much nothing. I then ate a turkey and cheddar sandwich with mayo on cheddar jalapeno bread. Toasted. Then I did nothing some more. Then the kids ate lunch and took naps and Betsy went to Target (for exactly 3.5 hours) and I played video games. Then the kids woke up and we all did nothing together until Betsy got home at which time we cleaned up all of the nothing we were doing and ate an early dinner.

After dinner the kids got out their sleeping bags and pillows and watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and had some popcorn and Betsy and I puttered around doing nothing. Now the kids are in bed, Betsy is turning in early, and I have nothing to do for the remainder of the evening. Invigorating beverage in hand, I shall adjourn to the garage and teach those dirty commies not to mess with Mr. Bond.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment