Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Contest results! Finally!

I'm sitting on my friend's living room floor. He's talking to another friend about his blog. In an effort to keep from dying of boredom, I'm going to wrap up the contest so I can get on with my life. So, here we go...

The winner, if you haven't noticed at the top of the page, is Chris Newmark, who plans on giving the shirt to her son, William. Congrats, Chris. Your shirt is on the way.

********

I asked the ladies to sum up their experience with the 200lb Man, and this is what they said:

My overall experience was great considering I won. I love to win.
It was fun. I even made a new friend. Well, maybe. She might not want to be friends with me since I KICKED HER BUTT.
Ok. That's about it. By the way, William wears a size 6x or 6/8. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Chris "the winner" Newmark 
********
The best part is that I'll now be able to truthfully tell people that, at age 32 and after birthing and breastfeeding 5 babies, I won second prize in a "t-shirt contest." I may get more leverage out of this than when I was carded at an R-rated movie at age 26. Yeah, that's right 2-6.

I thought the length of the contest was a little long. While I've never been officially diagnosed with ADD, my interest started to wane a bit after the first 60 minutes or so.

In the future, if a contestant wants to use his or her adorable 5 year old child as a drastic plea to obtain votes, I think it should be required that she post a photo of an UGLY kid instead of a cute one.

While the result of the contest has nearly broken my will to live, overall I found it to be a worthwhile experience. I guess I'm just a little shy of being an authentic 200 pounder.

Regards,
Erin Norton

********

When I was first notified of being a finalist in a contest by Matt Beers I thought, “Who the heck is Matt Beers and what contest is he referring to?” I do like competition though so I thought I may as well try to win the contest. Then I discovered that my friends suck and would not vote for me. Then I lost the contest due to my friends sucking. I am currently looking for new friends.

Jackie Tracey

********

1. I like t-shirts
2. I like blogs
3. I like healthy competition as long as it involves me not participating in any sports whatsoever
4. I like looking at the "stats" button on my blog
5. I like it when my friends blog stats go up, too
6. I don't like losing
7. I don't like having a custom made t shirt in my grasp and then seeing it placed into the hands of some "5 year old"
8. Finally, and most importantly of all, when it comes to something THIS important, and THIS life changing, I don't like being a good sport about losing. But, have I grown A LOT thru this contest? The answer is a resounding yes. In all fairness, though, that might have to do with all the sugar cookies and peanut butter balls that have been laying around recently.

Thank you,
Erin Glassley

********

I would like to thank everyone who voted and multiple thanks go out to those of you who voted more than once. You guys rock.

There will be no recount.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment