Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"HOT-BOX!"

I may have forgotten for a few days that I have a blog, and I totally have an excuse.

Remember when I said that I was kinda sorta super busy? Well, that recently escalated to super-mega-ultra-insanely busy. More about that later.

For now, just so this blog post is actually about something, I'll give you the rundown of a few books I've just read or have just started reading or have just stopped reading.

The most notable of my recently read books is Diary of a Wimpy Kid. My seven-year old, Jack, read the first one and loved it, so I thought I should give it a chance. Hilarious. I started reading the first one on Sunday night at 10:30 and finished the second one on Monday morning at 10:30. I've got three more to go. They're pretty easy reads and accompanied by some very funny artwork. Highly recommended.

A book I just started reading is Swallows and Amazons. It some old British children's book about a bunch of kids with neglectful parents who go camping on an island in the middle of a lake. I'm only a few pages in, but Lord of the Flies started pretty much the same way, so I have high hopes. Also, one of the characters is named "Titty." I'm keeping a running total of how many times I can read it and not laugh. So far, I'm at zero (0).

A book I was reading and then stopped reading is called The Toymaker. I don't know who wrote it and I don't know anyone else who's read it. Or heard of it. I actually forgot I was reading it and probably would have forgotten it forever had I not checked it out from the library. They don't forget anything.

One more thing before you go... Check out the Two Bibliomaniacs. They have a new banner which was conceptualized and drawn by ME! The words were added by someone else, but the artwork, the striking and outstanding artwork, was done by ME! If the children in the image look familiar then you've been stalking me, because they are my two oldest children, . Anyway, take a look.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment