Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stuff always make life harder. Except for Swiss Army knives. And personal robot assistants.

Two days. In two days, less, actually, we will be signing the closing papers that will put us in our new home. And when you think about all of the requirements that needed to be met, it's pretty amazing that we're moving at all. God has a way of giving you no options so you can sit back and see how limitless He is.

I know I've been doing this a lot lately, but I do want to apologize for not posting much. Selling and buying houses is pretty exhaustive work, when you figure in all of the repairs here and there and all of the packing and all of the paperwork and phone calls (neither of which are being handled by me). I'm quite literally beat. I'm standing here at two in the afternoon and I feel like I could sleep until tomorrow morning.

So, two days. That's pretty good news. We met the current owner of our future home and I think she's going through pretty much the same thing we are. Considering how amicable she was with some of the repairs we requested from her, she's just as eager to move as we are. But, to be perfectly honest, if she hadn't been so willing, I don't know what we would have done. Another sign of God's hand in all of this, I guess.

The kids' rooms are almost all packed up (except that Jack has already opened every box in his room and made a rather large mess) and Betsy's craft room (which used to be my library (which used to be our walk-in closet)) is packed up and has been re-converted into a walk-in closet. I have one window to replace (I'm still waiting for a call from Menard's that it has come in) and a lot of clothes to pack, but for the most part, we're ready to go. We still have daycare stuff out because we've still got kids coming until tomorrow evening, and we still have most of the kitchen to pack (a friend is coming by tomorrow to help with that), and I've got lots of little random bits floating around in the garage, but when you consider the personal belongings of five people and the monumental task of packing it all up, along with purchasing new appliances and getting everything ready for our daycare inspection at the new house, and then all of your regular life stuff on top of it all, you've got one incredibly long sentence. Cram that incredibly long sentence into three weeks and you'd be pretty tired, too. And I doubt you'd be very funny. Also, I'm sick.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment