Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2010

It's winter like a mother-effer!

It IS winter, but I don't know if it really needs a quantifiable value in order to classify. It's really just a time of year. The weather doesn't have to be especially wintery. And it's not. Although those in the know have promised us that it will be soon. I don't believe them.

I found some Tinker Toys in the garage and built a small overhead crane which, by means of a hand-operated crank, raises a secure payload from the ground to a height which is undeniably above ground level. I'm pretty sure that if I had nothing but bamboo and tree-bark rope, I could build one on an island somewhere. Not too shabby for a guy who didn't really go to college.

(Note: I also built an AT-AT (the four-legged walker from The Empire Strikes Back), but Jack took off with it, so I'll probably never see it again.)

I've been bored a lot lately. I've been taking on projects left and right and I really don't know how I feel about any of them. The sewing thing was nice and I'll probably do it again someday, but I don't see it becoming a hobby. There's also a publication to which I contribute, Issue #1 of which has yet to see a printer, and I'm not really sure how dedicated the guy is who is supposed to be putting it together. I've been let down by him in the past. There have been reorganizations, plans made and tossed out, and ideas written down and forgotten. It's been a pretty dispiriting few weeks for me.

I'm just feeling very detached from everything. I've been impatient and angry, which isn't great when you have three kids. I've been second-guessing everything. I've been frustrated and unable to put my frustration into words. It's just been very much not fun lately. I don't know what to do.

Thank you,
Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment