Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My wife...


I met my wife in November of 1999 at the Roller Dome in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Looking back, it's rather shocking how immediately I knew that I wanted this person in my life. I'm pretty sure she didn't feel quite as strongly. I was not good-looking or educated or personable or, you know, attractive in any way. Luckily it was one of those rare moments during which I kept my mouth mostly shut, therefore preserving what good-opinion she might have formed of me.

Slightly more than ten years have passed and little has changed except that I repeatedly open my mouth, which results in cementing my reputation as a world-class jackass, which rhymes.

Thank you, Betsy, for looking past the chubby and scruffy exterior and past the ignorant and crass interior and seeing someone next to whom you feel comfortable sleeping.

Thank you,
Matt Beers

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I think this is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard...Betsy, you've got one of the most unique people for a husband I've ever met, and I, well, I aspire to be just like you!

    ReplyDelete