Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

There's no place I can't be...

One of my favorite shows is Firefly, a canceled space-western originally on Fox. Honestly, by that description alone, I can't think of anything I'd rather watch less. Teenage vampires, maybe. But it's become one of my favorite things ever.

The basic storyline is that humans have spread from Earth out across the universe where a handful of planets have been populated and have thrived. Other planets and moons on the outer edge of the universe haven't done so well, but those who live on these dusty, impoverished worlds are willing to do what they have to do to get by.

A civil war broke out six years before the story takes place. One side, the Alliance, fought for unification and the other side, the Browncoats, fought for, as they call it, and who am I to argue, independence. The Alliance won. One of the Browncoats, Malcolm Reynolds, went off after the war and bought himself a ship, a Firefly class freighter which he named Serenity. He gathered a crew and took whatever jobs he could to keep in the air and out of the Alliance's reach.


Serenity

It's sort of like Han Solo meets the A-team... but hilarious.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing tonight while Jack and Macy are at Grandma's.

Yank thou,
Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment