Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Plans. (NOT the very excellent Death Cab For Cutie album.)

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. I must be lazier than I realize. I've been trying to tie up a few loose ends in my life that have been a constant distraction. By this I mean that I've finally finished watching Battlestar Galactica. Now, with Admiral Adama and President Roslin out of my life, I can focus on what really matters: finally finishing Arrested Development. I'm almost kidding.

The weather lately has been pretty nice. The promise of Spring is one thing, but seeing the first tiny payout of warmth and sunshine has really sparked a change in me. I'm feeling much less grumpy and far more willing to actually move. I've even been lifting weights! Well... lifting weight. Singular. I only have the one.

I've made a decision that I'm going to lose some weight and get in better shape. Lifting my weight is step one. Step two is to cut out soda. Step three is to sew my head back on after I cut it off while in the midst of soda withdrawal. Step four is to... I don't actually have a step four. I doubt I'll get past step two.

In addition to improving my physical health I am putting a lot of focus on my spiritual health. Even though I've been a Christian most of my life, I've never made a habit of reading my Bible. I have a Bible app on my iPod Touch and, as I almost always have it with me, I have no excuse NOT to read.

I'm also planning on spending more time writing. I have tons of story ideas for a series of short stories I've been writing called "In the Shadow of the Standard and Hope," a few of which have been published in the sublime quarterly publication known as Ferocious Quarterly.

Other summer projects include (but are not limited to): planting a tiny 3x3 garden in the backyard for the daycare kids, removing some items (dead plants and large, broken toys) from our backyard,  figuring out what to do about the mole problem that seems to have gotten worse over the winter, and setting up a permanent memorial in honor of the gazebo that collapsed last year.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment