Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

She's a techno-klepto!

Some of you may recall that I recently purchased an iPod Touch with money I received in lieu of Christmas and birthday gifts. Well, I have apparently been spending far too much time with it because, by mere observation, my 18-month old daughter, Zoe, has figured out how to use it. Watch this...



When I was a kid, it was very popular to comment on not letting "the television be the babysitter." Nowadays, people HOPE their kids will spend more time watching TV. It means they're home and not off dealing smack or mugging an elderly couple or disposing of a body or, if you're from my part of the world, holed up in a rusty tool shed cooking up crystal meth.

And here I am, an actual, and I hesitate to self-apply the term, "babysitter" whose youngest child has mastered technology that hadn't been invented until about two-and-a-half months ago. I'm shuttling back and forth between extreme shame and overwhelming pride. It's the same thing when I stand naked in front of a mirror.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment