Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Astonishing 200lb Man VS. the Wide-Eyed Basement Dwellers (in 3-D!)

I attended the Summit City Comic Con today and I saw a great many people dressed up as Star Wars characters. There were some awkward moments, to be honest, but all in all it was a good day.

 
Not me.
Me. And I don't mind saying that I look pretty darn good in my stripey shirt.

 I met and interacted with the following artists and would recommend that you check them out (each artist's name links to his web site):

Ryan Claytor (Elephant Eater Comics)

Andy Jewett

Aaron Minier

Actually, I've worked with Aaron Minier in the past (briefly, but, in my opinion, very successfully), but I met him for the first time, face to face, today. He was taller than I had hoped.

Anyway, it was a good time. I got to hang out with my old buddy Nate and I got to chat with people who knew WAYYY too much about some very obscure super heroes and I got to see some very lonely people dressed in a way that was obviously designed to make certain that their loneliness stretches on until the end of time.

Also, there was free soda.

Do yourself and the rest of yourself a favor and check out these prince... prints. Sorry. (CLIQUEABLE LINQUE!)

My friend Nate Utesch designed these five screen-prints commemorating NASA's shuttle program which will soon be available to purchase online. You will ache and pine for them, trust me. Or is it "oak and pine"? I don't know trees.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment