Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I used up all of my fancy words for something else.

Holy craparoni. I just said that. Sorry.

Our house has been on the market for about three months with no offers. We've had eleven showings and today we had our first open house. And there is a very real possibility that the open house has brought us a buyer! They want to come back and look at the house on Tuesday. At 10:00 in the morning. While we're doing our daycare thang. It'll be awesome.

In other news, I meet every Thursday night with a writing group. We mostly just sit around and make up excuses why we aren't writing anything. But this week, we have an assignment. It's kind complicated, so pay attention.

PART ONE (1): Write a short story approximately 1,000 words in length. Next, rewrite the story to exactly 100 words.

PART TWO (2): Write a something exactly 100 words in length and rewrite it to exactly 20 words.

I have accomplished part one of part one. I wrote a short story which came out to 1,774 words. I then spent two hours chopping it down to 1,199 words. Rewriting it to 100 words should succeed in causing my internal organs to explode.

And, as I'm spouting randomness due to an internal server error in my brain, I forgot to eat dinner. I'll see what I can do about fixing that. And Iron Man is a pretty awesome movie.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment