Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lime

I bought a juicer. I bought five mangos. I bought three limes. I bought three "Pink Lady" apples. I put one mango in the juicer. I put one lime in the juicer. I put one "Pink Lady" apple in the juicer. The juice receptacle wasn't full. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a pear that we already had. I put one pear in the juicer.

A whole lime may have been too much.

I was in Mexico years ago and, in the process of tarring a roof, I got tar all over my hands. One of the locals siphoned some gas from a gas tank and I used it to clean the tar from my hands. The local quickly grabbed a lime and used it to clear the taste of gasoline from his mouth.

Lime can kill the taste of gasoline. Keep that in mind when adding lime to your food.

I love mango juice. For reals. On our flight home from Serbia I kept making the flight attendant bring me more mango juice, ignoring a look of annoyance that she had obviously perfected in the night clubs of Paris. I also enjoy the electric blast of lime, but this is too much. It's muting the mango.

So, rule number one when making your own juice: Don't use a whole lime.

This is day one of my ten-day juice fast. I've only had one meal and I'm having trouble finishing it, not because it's disgusting or anything, but... the lime.

It was so small and cute... I didn't think it could cause this much damage. I know better now.

That doesn't mean I won't make the same mistake later. I'm dumb like that.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment