Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

Completely out-of-place Star Wars reference right at the end. Don't miss it.

I didn't realize it at first, but the past few days have been a sort of farewell tour for many of my favorite foods. Pizza, sausage rolls, steak fajita quesadillas, coney dogs, sesame chicken, brownies, pie... I've partaken and enjoyed, but grudgingly. I'm supposed to be losing weight, or at the very least, I'm supposed to be getting healthier. This food I've fallen in love with simply will not do.

I've been doing a lot of weight-lifting (a lot for me, anyway) and I'm really starting to enjoy it. It doesn't hurt that I'm starting to see major results. I'm getting pretty beefy, ladies. Unfortunately I'm not burning any fat. I'm adding muscle and, thus, adding weight. So I've decided to make some changes.

The first change might seem kind of drastic, and I'm sure after the first day I'll be jeering at myself right along with the rest of you, but here it is: I'm going on a ten-day juice fast. I'll consume nothing but water and fresh fruit and vegetable juice. For ten days. Mm-hm. I even went out and bought a juicer and a butt-load of mangos, which kind of sounds like a punk band.

Right now I'm drinking my last can of soda and I'm baking my last pan of brownies... at least for the next ten days. After that I'm going to be far more aware of what I eat and I'm going to attempt to take more responsibility for my body.

And for those of you who claim that my tauntaun will freeze before I reach the first marker, I offer this rebuttal, "No, it won't."


Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment