Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

It has been a great many days since I've posted a post... thingy. And I'm pretty sure that the last time I posted a post thingy I started said post thingy apologizing for having not posted in a while. Sorry.

So I went to see The Hunger Games with Betsy. It was quite good. I read the book several years ago when it first came out and was very impressed, but I never felt obligated to read the rest of the series. (I have since been assured by my wife that I now feel extremely obligated to finish the series.)

So, today is Easter, a celebration of the single most important event in human history. I'm considering breaking the news to Jack about the Easter Bunny, but then I'll have to explain about Santa and the Tooth Fairy. And leprechauns. And the Motor-Oil gnome. I mean, he's eight now. How much longer can he buy into this nonsense without embarrassing his mother and I? So, I'm trying to ease him into the truth. Maybe we'll watch The Passion of the Christ.

Anyway, it's Easter. Go worship God.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

1 comment:

  1. I told my oldest daughter the truth about Santa, Easter Bunny, etc when she was 8. I figured if I wanted her to believe in Jesus I needed to teach her the difference between faith and fairy tales. Funny thing is she still kinda believed in Santa even after I told her. But then again, I still kinda believe in Santa so that could be why.

    Jackie T

    ReplyDelete