Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 24, 2010

This is where I ramble a lot.

I love my wife very much. And not just because I owe it to her for putting up with all of my idiosyncrasies, but because she is a genuinely lovable person.

We met in November of 1999 at the Roller Dome in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Neither of us were skating. For me, I knew immediately. I saw our whole future in an instant and I knew. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced.

It wasn't exactly like that for her. She needed some convincing.

By March of 2000, we were dating. I proposed in August of 2001 and we were married on June 22, 2002. On March 23, 2004, our first child, Jack, was born. On July 23, 2007, our second child, Macy, was born. On September 19, 2009, our third child, Zoe, was born.

I have had several jobs. I've been a video store clerk, a landscaper, a fork-lift driver, a small-business manager, a machine operator in a major factory, and I now operate, with my wife, a daycare from our home.

I am a jack of all (not all, but quite a few) trades, an optimistic hobbyist, a practitioner of several arts, and I am enthusiastically creative at the most inopportune moments.

I am uneducated and difficult to work with. I am not a morning person and I crave food that will eventually kill me. I forget everything and I'm a little bit lazy.

Betsy is very organized and goal-oriented and practical and neat and driven to reach the top of her hill. She has degrees in athletic-training and exercise science as well as a teaching degree. She is working her way toward being an accredited child-care provider. She is an accomplished scrapbooker and photographer. She hates that I leave my clothes in a pile on the floor. She says that this is the only thing I do that she has a problem with. I plan on keeping it that way.

This is a happy life I live.

Thank God,
Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment