Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fappy Dather's Hay!

I had an idea for a blog. I would come up with all sorts of evil plans for world domination and then do some internet research and general pricing to see how feasible and financially possible those ideas would be. You know, put the stereotypical James Bond bad guy to the test, see how he would stand up in the real world.

Then I remembered that the government pays extra-special attention to people when they Google "uranium on the black market," and "practical doomsday devices from household items," and "How does one go about holding the world hostage?"

In the past, most of my good ideas have turned out to be bad ideas.

So, I'll just continue giving weak updates on my gazebo, which is still standing.

Oh! Today was Father's Day, so I'll talk about that.

My wife let me sleep in this morning, which I always appreciate. Then she sorted through the Sunday paper and pulled out all the parts that I read and gave them to Jack and told him to give them to me, which I also appreciated. Then, Jack ran upstairs, ran into our bedroom, and, slapping me in the crotch with the Daddy Edition of the Sunday paper, shouted, "Here's the paper, Dad!" I hope to one day return the favor, but as he's only six, I'll have to wait a few years.

I got breakfast in bed, an omelet and peanut-butter toast and a glass of milk. I got handmade cards from Jack and Macy, a Jack Johnson CD from Betsy, and nothing from Zoe, 'cause Zoe's nine months old and super cheap. Then we went to church. Then we went to Arby's for roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. Then we went to Sonic for drinks for Betsy and Jack and Macy. Then we went to a gas station for drinks for the van and myself.Then we came home, ate lunch, Betsy made brownies and Rice Krispy treats, the kids had their quiet rest time, and I played on the computer. Then Jack and I played Mario Kart and Wii Resort. Then Macy got up from her nap and pretty much spent the rest of the day driving us all nuts.

We watched the last half of Empire Strikes Back. We ate dinner, which was green bean casserole, Hawaiian King's Bread rolls, spinach dip, crackers, and an assortment of cheeses. Then we took a walk. Then the kids all took baths and I read to them and put them to bed. And then I drove Betsy nuts trying to fix her computer. Then I fixed myself a tasty beverage and a plate of brownies and Rice Krispy treats and played around on my computer. Then I blogged.

And most people, right at this point in the blog, would wish their own father a happy Father's Day. I will not. The explanation for this will have to wait for another day.

Thank you,
Matt Beers

2 comments:

  1. I am in need of that secret alphabet. Did I mention I am taking philosophy?

    ReplyDelete