Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Life in my p'jams" or "Blizzard Watch '11"

I have not updated my blog in a few days due to a combination of iPod and Battlestar Galactica. The iPod gives me the bare minimum of internet coverage without me having to clear a spot on the kitchen table and dragging out my laptop, and Battlestar Galactica has evil robots. So... yeah.

I'll do a super-quick four-day recap:

It snowed and all over the midwest people are baffled by this strange fluffy white stuff falling from the sky. It hasn't been determined yet whether or not this "snow" has any sinister implications, but it's generally assumed that the world has ended and that toilet paper will be the new, post-apocalyptic currency.

In the Beers' house (still not sure how to plural possessify our last name) we have taken a rather different approach to the collapse of mankind. We have built the ultimate couch fort. I rolled the big-screen into a corner of the living room, turned the couch and loveseat onto their fronts, and padded the floor with couch cushions, pillows, and blankets, making a dark little hidey-hole where we laze about with our iPods, watching movies on Netflix, and generally acting like stoned hippies in the back of a minibus. Except that hippies don't typically have iPods. Or maybe they do now. I don't know any hippies. Can somebody maybe contact me with the correct stereotype?

I went outside to check on the dryer vent and to shovel the driveway. The dryer vent had frozen open, so I took care of that easily enough. The driveway mess was comprised of one inch of powder on top of a layer of ice on top of about four inches of hard-packed snow. I decided that shoveling could wait... until Spring. Instead, I moved two boxes of paper that someone gave us for use in our daycare. Each sheet of paper measures approximately two feet by three feet and each box weighs about a hundred pounds. I'm not exaggerating. I probably should have shoveled instead.

So, that's pretty much it for the past four days. There were some lovely encounters with Earl Grey, some delightful cinnamon rolls, two-dozen very ugly cookies, an amazing pot of white chicken chili, a batch of heart-shaped waffles that turned out rather hilariously, and some cherry cola that didn't last nearly as long as it needed to.

Stay warm and stay safe.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

1 comment:

  1. I've already settled the question of the plural possessive of your name. Trust me, it's "Beerses'".

    Singular: Beers, e.g., "Matt Beers is a genius."

    Singular Possessive: Beers', e.g., "Matt Beers' wife is super cool."

    Plural: Beerses, e.g., "That's a whole passel of Beerses."

    Plural Possessive: Beerses', e.g., "The Beerses' love of couch forts is a little weird."

    However, in the manner that you used it in paragraph 4, it's really an adjective describing "house," in which case, it would be rendered "Beers house."

    Makes total sense. I promise.

    And who can resist "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."? Oh, dreamy Captain Picard...sigh.

    ReplyDelete