Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's late and I'm feeling... feely.

I am a Christian. First and foremost, I am a Christian.
Then I am a husband.
And a father.
And a son and brother and friend and neighbor.

And somewhere very near the bottom of my long list of titles and responsibilities, and only there by the grace of God, I'm an American. I'd be just as proud to be a Canadian, I'm sure, or a Serbian, an Iraqi, a Mexican, a Russian, or any of the countless nationalities who share this planet and all of the responsibilities that come with life. I will not claim to be better than anyone because I was born on one side of an imaginary line instead of another, or for any other triviality for that matter.

God didn't ask us to be patriots. He asked us to love. Everyone.

Good luck, planet Earth. May you find peace.

Thank you,
      Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment