Total Pageviews

Monday, June 7, 2010

It's aluminum and canvas... basically, a giant kite. What did we expect?

I've really been slacking off with the blogging the past few weeks. I've skipped way too many days. Yesterday, though, Blogger wouldn't let me post anything, so it's not my fault.

So, the gazebo is still up, but only just. We had some pretty intense winds the other night and I happened to come downstairs for a glass of water and I noticed that two of the gazebo's four corners were not where I had put them. The whole thing had shifted about sixteen inches to one side and was twisted in such a way that the integrity of the frame was at great risk. So, in my underwear, I braved the wind and rain and went outside to set things right. Since then, three of my neighbors have put their houses on the market. Maybe I should buy new underwear.

Betsy and I agree that the gazebo may not have been a very wise purchase. At this point it's just a matter of time before the whole thing collapses on my back patio.

Thank you,
Matt Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment